Forever Young

Stay young in your Heart and Soul!

Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Trip to OSH 2

Last Monday, 24th of September early in the morning I received a call from my cousin who informed me about my grandmother’s sudden death. Later that day we(our father, my brothers, Azamat and Nurshat, and I) took a road to Osh(southern district of Kyrgyzstan) in the car which we borrowed from my uncle.
Azamat, Nurshat and I used to visit both of our grandmothers once a year, mostly in summer. I have writte a post about our trip to Osh last October.
But we could not visit them this summer, because we were busy and Nurshat was away. So, we were planning to visit her on Friday for a weekend, since we have not seen her over the summer. Sadly she passed away without knowing that we were going to visit her that weekend.
Azamat has written a post which reflects the trip and funerals in details. (http://azamatreport.blogspot.com/2007/09/108-last-journey.html)
Later after the funerals we left to Nookat(region in Osh city) to see our grandmother from my father’s side. We spent a night there and next morning took a road back to Bishkek. On the way to Bishkek we stopped in Osh for a few hours. I enjoyed the ride back to Bishkek, firstly because we drove at daytime, unlike when we were going to Osh. Secondly, it was sort of a driving class for not-enough-experienced drivers, so everyone(except me. I don't know how to drive yet) was giving instructions to each other. And thirdly we had a selecetion of our favorite songs playing all the way.
After we returned to Bishkek Nurshat and I was asked to clean a warehouse in our old house. While cleaning we found a photo album from our childhood.
There are very similar pictures that were taken in Osh, on the same intersection but one of them was taken in summer, 1998, just when Azamat was about to leave to USA.
and here is the picture which was taken after 9 years on September 24, 2007

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home