Forever Young

Stay young in your Heart and Soul!

Saturday, October 06, 2007

1st Rotary Youth Exchange Students in Kyrgyzstan

While looking through the pages of The Bishkek Standard I came across an article about 2 Rotary International Youth Exchange Students who came to Kyrgyzstan nearly a month a go. Rotary Club of Bishkek is now hosting its first inbound exchange students.
As former exchange student I never thought that someone would choose to come to Kyrgyzstan. Of course, it is wrong to say so, because it must be interesting for students from developed countries to visit less developed countries, and in my case I was interested in going to US
In fact, if you think deeply, Kyrgyzstan is also an interesting country to visit. So here are reasons to come to Kyrgyzstan, that me and my 'dastorkon-mates' came up with:
1. Learn Russian(This, I heard, was a main goal of our inbound students). Russian language is in the list 10 most spoken languages in the world. Nearly 200million people in Russian, Central Asia and East European countries speak this language
2. You can learn Kyrgyz, if you want to get a closer look into the Kyrgyz culture
3. Kyrgyzstan is very culturaly diverse country, and it leads to the next 2 reasons
4. Tasty, delicious and different ethnical cuisines
5. Visit other Central Asian countries(depends on yourself and your host family). Kyrgyzstan borders with 4 countries(China, Kazakhstan, Tajikistan, Uzbekistan
6. Drinking age law exists, but nobody follows it, so there is no need for fake IDs(It worth mentioning, because drinking age regulation seemed like a huge issue for my friends in the west)
7. You can buy brand clothes for cheap such as D&G, Channel, Y-3 etc...
8. Work as a teacher at English language school(courses), this will also help you to learn Russian or Kyrgyz more
9.

If you have any other reason you want to mention, leave them as comments ;)

In the end, I would like to say to all exchange students that how your year abroad goes depends on YOU. Be out with people, make friends and know the value of your time, becasue a year-long program may seem long enough, however, in the end, it is not

3 Comments:

Blogger caroberk said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

2:08 AM  
Blogger caroberk said...

hi there! I just saw your blog randomly because I was Google-searching the drinking age in kyrgyzstan for a school assignment. Have you been to the US? I live in Florida and go to college in Orlando. I saw your list of reasons to visit Kyrgyzstan...My friend Emily is going to be visiting Kyrgyzstan in about three months and she will be there for three months! It sounds like a very unique place and from the pictures I've seen it is absolutely beautiful! :)

-Caroline

2:08 AM  
Blogger bathmate said...

nice posting for this site...
Bathmate

1:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home