Forever Young

Stay young in your Heart and Soul!

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Step 2: Rotaract Member

From now on I am the member of the Rotaract Club of Bishkek

As a Rotary Youth Exchange Program participant I felt obliged to join Rotary International, but just as a Rotaract member for now. On the other side, I missed all the weekly meetings, chairty fairs and the Rotary environment as a whole which always surounded me in Bermuda.

Similarly, in Bishkek the Rotaract meetings are held at NY Pizza every Wednesday at 7pm.
Last meeting we discussed short term project and a few long term projects. The members are mostly young people who have been abroad(not necessarily through Rotary) and have some bright ideas and wish to contribute to the community.

Our short term project related to Halloween. Last Sunday on our way from Jail Orphanage we bought some pumkins. We are about to make halloween pumkins and sell them to you people(of course those who are in Bishkek) Those who will buy them will make their contribution to the Rotaract club of Bishkek and Jail Orphanage. So, soon you will see me offering you halloween pumkins, and don't you dare to not to buy them, because I will put all my effort in them :).

Why we visited the Jail Orphanage.
Rotaract Club of Bishkek is paying for building of a play ground and buying new kitchen ware for the Jail Orphanage, which is located in Kara-Balta, 45-minutes of driving from Bishkek
I was not suprised with the conditions in the orphanage: the shabby building, cold and ash-smelling interiors, and children wearing layers of clothes. I think this is a typical condition in most of the orphanages is Kyrgyzstan, which is unfortunate reality


I will try to post the pictures from the orphanage and halloween pumkins once I will take pictures.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Nurbek... You seem to be close to AUCA and Rotary... I like your regular topics on your blog.... Congratulations on your effort...

do you think you can leave me any contact info of yours?

Bart

2:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home